Saturday, February 7, 2009

1 Week

So, as everybody already knows, Jason was born a week ago. It has been a long, tough, but also rewarding week. We finally got him home on Wednesday. He was in the hospital for a few extra days because he had an infection and was having breathing problems due to the large amounts of meconium (baby poop) in his lungs. He is now home and doing really well. We are so happy and blessed to have the little guy in our lives. Here are some more recent pictures of Jason. In the pictures you will notice his sad little, red cheeks. Those sores are from the wonderful oxygen tubing stickers they had on his face. He just kept pulling the tubes out of his nose.
The Zoolander "Magnum" Pose

7 comments:

DeAnn said...

He is so cute!

Josie said...

What a cutie! Did the stickers burn his face?!? They had to put those on Bailey when she was 8 days old and back in the hospital- it was SO sad! I am so glad he is home! he is a cute- but I dont think he looks like either of you really.... hahaha! Hes a cutie!

Laurel said...

He is so cute. I'm so glad that he is home. Good job.

Sarah C said...

I LOVE the Zoolander face. What is this, a school for ANTS?

Gabriel said...

He is a cute little guy! He looks older then a week to me. Maybe he's an old soul. Very attentive looking -- cute.
p.s. Who's Josie and why is she on our family blog? Do I have a cousin I know nothing about?

Erin said...

Josie is not a relative. She is a friend.

Holly said...

Erin he is so cute. I know how hard it is to have your baby stay in the hospital without you. I am so glad he is home and doing well. Also I am not superwoman. I am very tired and cranky just ask Cody and Cambree. However there is this wonderful book that has helped me out a lot. It is Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. I highly recommend it all mothers with small children. Don't worry somehow we all make it through those sleepless nights. I love you. Congratulations!