Thursday, July 23, 2009

Email Police!

So I have a new job. It's patrolling your sent emails.... I forwarded a lot of you the email from Emily. She's so far away from home and doing a very admirable thing. This is HER own Mission. It would be really great if everyone could remember to email her, frequently. She has very limited internet access. I think it's very important that when she opens her inbox there are dozes of emails from her family back here in the states. So if you could and have the chance, please send her an encouraging note, an update on your own life or just a 'hello'. Also, we're going to look into getting a package sent to the children she's caring for. DeAnn, Sarah and I had been disgusing several things... Happy Factory toys and school supplies from Wal-Mart have all been suggested. Apparently they're having a huge sale on crayons, pencils, paper and such. I'm going to look into several shipping options and find out the best way to do this. Or if any of you know of organizations that are already set up that we can contact and ask for a donation to be given to her farm...? How does the churches humanitarian stuff work? Can we contact them to send things over there? Love you all. Hope we can do this..... Oh, and while I'm at it. Send Hyrum an email too.

Emily's Email: emilyrasmuss@gmail.com

Hyrum's Email: spuddy_studdy@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Hi Gabe, Thanks for the reminder, I just sent an email to Emily and one to Hyrum. If you guys come up with a way to send a package to Emily let me know because I would like to contribute.

Erin said...

I could also use some school supplies and tuition money. Anyone want to pay? Anyone? Anyone?

Gabriel said...

I just received an email from Emily saying that they don't really need lots of things. She says a few toys from Happy Factory would be great. I'm thinking around a dozen or so. She said that what some of the older girls would love to have are some art supplies and jump ropes. I guess there are two or three girls that would be in need of those things. So it's looking like it wouldn't need to be a big package necessarily. I'm thinking crayons, maybe watercolor paints, a few coloring books, maybe a sketch pad, some pencils... I'm happy to put everything together and get it shipped off. If people are interested in donating to the cause, send what you can to me, I'll purchase it all and get it shipped. I think including a picture of yourself with a little note to the kids would be cool. Send the picture and note along with your check. Leave a comment on the blog if you're interested in helping and then I'll email you my address. Love you all. Thanks so much. --- Aunt Maureen, thanks for sending Em and Spud emails, I know it will mean a lot to them.