Friday, January 8, 2010

Email from my Mom

I just wanted to post this email that my Mom sent out. Just so that everyone is in the loop and can remember her in there prayers. Thanks.


Hey Family,
This is a general e-mail to everyone after meeting with the ENT doctor Thurs. Except to thank Debbie and DeAnn for the pictures...Thanks. And thank you to DeAnn and Holly for insisting on Thanksgiving that I see my doctor about my "lump in the throat" as soon as I got home...
Apparently I have a tumor on/in my Parotid Gland(pronounced pa-rotted) (you can "read all about it" on line---just google Parotid Gland for TMI).
We do not know at this time if it is benign or malignant; however, the dr. said that they are "mostly" benign. We opted out of a biopsy and he is going to remove the gland and tumor on Jan. 26th. They will obtain a pathology report at that time...
This is a three hour surgery because the gland sits right above facial nerves that can be involved with the tumor. (you can "read all about it" on line as well).
I would appreciate your prayers in the days leading up to this as I do not want to come out of surgery looking like a stroke victim...My doctor, Dr. Haller, is a wonderful man and an accomplished surgeon. He has been doing this surgery for 25 years and we trust him...Still I would like the Master Physician looking over his shoulder that day...
If anyone has any information (I don't care how outlandish it sounds) about "miracle" or "natural" or "alternative" tumor/cancer treatment or cures...let me know. I still have 2 and 1/2 weeks to try "anything"!!!
Of course Bob and the full time Elders who live with us have already given me a blessing. Bob and James and Elijah will give me another one before the surgery.
I love you all and miss you all. Seestor/Mom/Daughter Bonnie

6 comments:

Laurel said...

You're in our prayers. We love you and it was so great talking to you on the phone the other day. I hope the pictures turned out.

DeAnn said...

I'll be thinking of and praying for you Seestor Bonnie. I love you and am thankful you're my seestor.

Debra Morris said...

Seestor Bonnie, you are awesome and I am praying for you that everything will be alright. I am also so thankful for you being my seestor.

Hayley and Zachary said...

You will be in my prayers. I love you Aunt Bon Bon.

Holly said...

I am so glad you went to the doctors. We will be praying for you. We love you so much.

Maureen said...

I am also thinking of you and praying that all will be well with you. You are such a wonderful person and seestor. I love you