Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nifty Trick for Coloring Easter Eggs

I read this nifty trick in a magazine the other day and just had to post it, I think it is a genius idea. I couldn't find a picture online and we didn't have any eggs so we couldn't demonstrate so you will have to use your imagination. The tip was that when you have young children (or even adults) coloring Easter eggs was to put the egg INSIDE a wire whisk and dip it in the dye, that way the egg is secure and you can also get it out of the dye easily. Perhaps some of you family members have thought of this before but I never have and wanted to share it. We always tried to balance the egg on a spoon or one of those dinky wire things that come in a coloring kit. I think we will try it and see how it goes!

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

Really great idea Sarah! I always felt like those little cups they give you were never big enough either. When you dunked your egg the liquid either didn't cover the egg completely or came up so high that it spilled over the edges. I'm all for bigger 'dunking' cups and wire egg holding whisks! It's a revolution!

Holly said...

Great idea Sarah!

Sarah C said...

This just in, my dad used this tip with Noah the other night and said it worked great!