Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big News!


Hello family, I have some big news…Lindsey and I got married on July 9th in Chicago! We took off the next day to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands for our honeymoon. I’ve attached some photos from the trip including one from our hotel room view and one from the sail boat we spent a day on. There is also one from one of the "safari" taxis we took to get around. Basically a pick up truck with benches in the back and a canopy over the top. Jump on jump off, 2 bucks a person, super dangerous, and a great way to get around and see the island. I was planning on renting a motorcycle for the week, but when I saw how people drove, the mountain roads, driving on the left side of the road, and the fact that everybody told me it was way too dangerous, I opted to take the safari taxis.  Lindsey has most of the pictures from the wedding and honeymoon, so I’ll have to get those.

The only sad part of the trip was when Lindsey got on a plane to Chicago and I got on one to New York. We’ve still got some things to work out with the courts before we can get her and Parker out here. In the meantime, I am a married man, living in a bachelor pad with my roommate.

Lindsey is a SICU nurse at Northwestern in Chicago and has some good opportunities for nursing positions out here. We’re looking forward to getting her and Parker to NYC. It took me 29 years to find her but it was well worth the wait. She is an amazing woman and I am totally in love with her. I didn't know if I was ever going to want to be a family man, and now I want nothing more than for us to all be together.

We still need to get plans finalized but we’re hoping to have an open house in Utah during the Christmas break. Due to my work schedule, we can’t really come out before then. We’ll send out announcement/invitations when we figure out the date.




Hope everyone is well and I look forward to seeing you in December!

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Congratulations Tyler and Lindsey! Please let me know Lindsey's and Parker's birthdays and Parkers last name so I can add them to the family blog.

Hayley and Zachary said...

Yay! Congratulations Tyler and welcome to the fam Lindsey. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Also glad you didn't take the little motorcycles. Hope to see you in December and let us know if you need any help.

Laurel said...

congratulations!!! we're very excited for you. we are still coming to ny in october and would love to get together with you. let me know what your schedule is like, and message me your phone number so we can be in touch. congrats again. can't wait to meet lindsey and parker.