Friday, June 26, 2009

Seestors' Retreat


Last weekend was our Seestors' Retreat in St. George. We had such a fun, relaxing weekend. The highlight of the weekend was most definitely the pool party in my backyard. Most of you didn't know I had a pool in my backyard, but I did on Saturday. I'm wondering if the seestor that has pictures of the party will post those?? Not sure what they look like, so, maybe just email them to me, so I will have them. We drank smoothies in the pool under the shade of a palm tree. In the evening we had tiki torches and lanterns and Aunt Bonnie rigged up a "water feature" in the rocks. That evening was lovely until the famous St. George cockroaches came out and after Bonnie got tired of stomping on them and realized she couldn't keep up, we went inside. We went out to dinner in Sprindale and ate out on the veranda. The weather was perfect and we had a handsome European waiter named Ludo. On Sunday, all my seestors went to church with me. It was so fun to sit there with all of them. After church, we had the cousins that were in Cedar City join us for Fathers Day dinner, along with Grandpa and Kathleen. Stuffed ourselves again.

Aunt Bonnie made some cute aprons for each of us seestors. We all wore them on Sunday while making dinner. I have included a picture of us all in our aprons. Thank you so much, Bonnie.

Thank you all my seestors. I love you so much and am thankful Heavenly Father blessed me to be in your family.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

We are extremely blessed to have such a close family. It is so interesting to see different family dynamics here in Texas. Love all of you and can't wait to see you all.

Gabriel said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time! You all look super hot in your aprons! Thanks for having us cousins down to dinner. It was delicious! Since my Mom has no clue how to post comments on this blog I will just say that I know she had a lovely time. She loves her seestors so much and really treasures every moment she gets to have with them.

Maureen said...

I had a great time at the seestor's retreat. Thanks so much Debbie for hostessing it. The hand on the hip and bent knee pose in the picture is thanks to Hayley. The aprons are great Bonnie thank you. I'm grateful to have such sweet seestors.

DeAnn said...

I also had a great time and if I have time before I go to Laurel's I will post pictures of the pool party. I did get Bonnie set up to post comments and she knows how now so we'll expect to see something from her on here in the future.