Friday, April 6, 2012

Down with the Osmonds.

Hi Everyone!  So, this is totally random, but I had to get on and tell you this.  I got a new job and one of the people I work with is... (wait for it!!!)  AN OSMOND!!!!!   I can't be the only person in our family who remembers yelling "Down with the Osmonds, Up with more fireworks!" as we left Stadium of Fire, lo those many years ago. Right?  Please tell me some of you remember it, too.  I think Sarah was just a baby when this happened so that would leave a lot of you out of this story, but it is kind of family lore at this point.  So anyway, I tell Dave (Osmond) the story about our fireworks disappointment and he responds with "oh, I think that was just about the time my Dad started beating me."  Maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny.  Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I have finally been able to let the Osmond's know about how disappointed we were with their performance back in 1980 something. 

PS- Congrats, April and Lindon!  Can't wait to see pics of the baby!  Hint, Hint.

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

Thanks for taking care of that for us Faeth!

PS There are pictures of baby Marley on my facebook.

Debra Morris said...

I remember this incident, Faeth. Thank you for letting our collective family disappointment be heard by an Osmond.

Maureen said...

I too remember "The incident"
We were trying to see the fireworks which had other years been shown for free in the city park. But that year was The Stadium of Fire put on by the Osmonds, in order to see most of them you needed to actually purchase a ticket and be in the stadium which of course we weren't which brought on the chanting of "Down with the Osmonds up with more fireworks. Thanks for lettin em know!

Laurel said...

hahahaha! that is so funny. i love our family.