Friday, February 12, 2010










































































































I talked to my mom and she said it’s not too late for me to put up some of my travel pics from last September. I know most have seen the photos on Facebook but for those who haven’t, here are a few. My friend Brook Rogers and I took a jaunt around the Mediterranean. First we stopped in Mallorca, an island south of Barcelona, where my friend Vittoria lives. Her family was great and really took care of us. It didn’t hurt that Brook and I had basically our own apartment hooked onto their house. When I opened the doors each morning, the view of the pool and the hills was the first thing I saw. We spent every day swimming at different beaches and then going out at night with Vittoria and her friends.
After leaving Mallorca we flew to Barcelona and spent a night in the airport. The next morning we flew to Rome. A few days of sightseeing and we were on our way to Santorini, Greece. We flew in from Milan and had no accommodations lined up in Santorini. While leaving the small airport, a man approached us and told us he had a place for us to stay and that he would take us there in his van. Normally this is not a good idea. However, we had no idea how to get into town and nowhere to stay. So his van offer was quite appealing. We got in the van (don’t do this) and then he left (we assumed to place a call to prepare the C-4). He came back a few minutes later and took us to his place, which was a nice house, just a short walk from the beach (The picture of the beds is in our room). We got settled in and went down to the local scooter shop and rented us a couple of 50 cc beasts. The next few days were just about as good as it gets. Driving the scooters all over the island, going from beach to beach, and eating a lot of good food. The island was amazing and it was a great trip!

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Ah to be young and rich. Sound fun.

DeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

Hi Ty,
I'm glad you put the pictures on the blog because I don't do Facebook. Great pictures looks like a lot of fun. Maybe we'll have to plan a family reunion over there. After we do biggest loser and can fit in our bathing suits.