Sunday, May 4, 2008

Much more upbeat email from Tyler

Well family and friends the windows of heaven have been opened yet again. I was at church today and an American member came and sat by me. He asked if I had a place to stay. I told him I had a couple of possibilities I was going to look at tomorrow. He then told me he had a room I could stay in. I asked how much the rent was and he said nothing, or in other words FREE! I told him that I wanted to pay something for rent and he said I couldn't because the house is owned by the US embassy and he cannot rent it out. He is the second counselor in the bishopric and works at the US Embassy. I went out to look at the place this evening. Lets just say I am going to be living with the rich and famous for the summer. The neigborhood is super wealthy with huge houses and sweet cars. Their house is giant and really really nice. They have a tennis court in their back yard. My room is in the basement and they think it was originally for a maid. Seriously I hit the jackpot. I will have a private entrance to the basement, my own shower and bathroom and the washing machine is in the basement as well. The neighborhood is great and is surrounded by forest. It looks like there will be tons of places to run. I am blown away how it has all happenned. I almost didn't even make it to church because by metro and trams it took forever. The missionaries were supposed to meet me at the stop but had to get to church. So I got off the tram and said a prayer in my head that I would be able to find the church. I picked a direction and started going. Out of all the directions I happened to pick the exact street the church was on. I saw some people and told them I was looking for a church. They knew exactly where it was and told me how to get there. I just had to keep following the street and I would go right to it. It is an international ward so the language spoken is English. I was invited to eat dinner at a member's house with some other interns from Utah State and a couple other people who work in Brussels. The apartment was in the center of Brussels and was really nice. We had a great dinner and then Brett, the guy who invited me for dinner, drove me out to my new place to check it out and then to Josef's. Brett works for Toyota in Brussels. It has been a great day today! I start working tomorrow and I think it will be a long day because after work we have a dinner party/meeting at 7:30 pm with the Saxony region German representation. So it will be long but awesome!

Tyler

1 comment:

Laurel said...

It sounds like you are being blessed. We are so happy for you and for the opportunity you have in Brussels. We all wish that you have a great summer. Love you