Friday, February 29, 2008

Great News!!


It's Ben here. I interviewed for a job with Chevron's Energy Technology Company the first week of February, and have been anxiously awaiting their decision. They said we would know at the end of the month. True to their word, they waited until the 28th. So I was working in the lab at school, and Allison called and reminded me that I needed to check my e-mail. We thought we'd get a phone call, but when I opened my e-mail, there was one from Chevron with the title:
Chevron Offer of Employment to Benjamin Wischmeier
Needless to say, I was ecstatic! I was also going to be seeing Allison in about 10 minutes to catch the bus over to campus to take McConnell to an appointment at the Medical Center, so I told her at the bus stop, right before we got on that they had made me an offer (bad timing, I know). She was really excited, and started tearing up right there on the bus.

After the appointment we went to my department computer lab and got the rest of the information (location, pay, moving details, etc.).
So Laurel and Nick, we'll be heading to Houston sometime near the first of July, I think. They haven't given me a start date yet, but I won't graduate until mid-June, so I assume they want me to start some time after that...

Anyway, we're absolutely excited to finally get out of being in an apartment, to go house-hunting and have some space to live in where our kids can play in a back yard and not in a parking garage.

We'll keep you all posted on the details as they come, but we're definitely taking the offer - it's almost too good to refuse.

We love you guys!!

5 comments:

Gabriel said...

Ben & Allison I'm so happy for you and your little family. I'm not sure what the deal is with our family members moving to Texas, but I guess it just means that there is opportunity. Love you all so much.
Gabe

Laurel said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!! Houston is beautiful. A bunch of the oil guys live in Kingwood, and are in our ward. I don't know much about the rest of Houston, but we love Kingwood, and housing is extremely affordable. If you all are planning on coming for a visit before the move you are move than welcome to stay here and go house hunting. I am so excited for you! Congratulations.

Mama Wisch said...

Laurel, have you guys bought a home yet?

Laurel said...

No not yet we're in an apartment, because Nick has a probation period for a year and we didn't want to buy if something happens, so we are renting for now.

DeAnn said...

Congratulations! It will be fun for Laurel and Nick to have family close by.