Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update

Hey everyone,
I just got sick of doing finance and accounting and decided I would check this out. I was thinking that it will be nice to graduate and get paid to work rather than pay BYU so I can work. Anyway, I guess I will give a little update. In April I will be graduating in Business with an emphasis in Finance from BYU. Then a week after I graduate I will be jumping on a plane and flying to Brussels for an internship. I know I told some of you a little about it but in case you don’t know it is basically my dream internship.

The European Parliament is in Brussels and consequently so are delegations from member countries of the EU. I will be working with the Czech delegation to the EU which is housed in the same building as the Czech embassy. The delegation is responsible to prep and host Czech politicians who come to Brussels for meetings in Parliament as well as promote Czech businesses and relations throughout Europe.

I am not sure exactly what I will be doing but I have been told that I would be working with Czech politicians probably helping to brief them on events in Parliament. Also, because I speak Czech they want to use me to travel back and forth between Brussels and the Czech Republic. My dad put it best after I told him about the internship, “Now, they know you are from Oak City right?” I am really excited about working over there and feel like it is a great opportunity.

I guess that’s my update. I would love to hear how everybody else is doing.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Tyler that is such an exciting opportunity for you. That sounds like so much fun. I am so envious that you get to see the world so much. Congratulations on graduating, that is such an accomplishment. You have worked so hard, and our little family is so proud of you. If you ever want to venture to Houston our door is always open, and we are looking forward to having company, so anybody and everybody you are always welcome. we are already lonely for all of you. Love to you all and good luck Tyler. we love you.

Gabriel said...

Tyler, I'm really proud of you. This is an amazing thing. Work really hard and keep your nose straight! Why don't you just plan on living and working in Europe for the rest of your life and then I'll have a place to stay! You've definitely inspired me and motivated me! Love you man.
Gabe

DeAnn said...

It sounds like a great opportunity for you Tyler. I wish you the best of luck. I wonder who's wedding you'll miss this year?